Monday, February 21, 2011

Long Time, No Posts?!?

So my last post was around the time I started to get sick. I'm still trying to overcome a lot of the complications from the illness. All signs point to it being a combination of stress, anxiety, panic disorder, depression, and ADD. I can tell you guys that that stuff, especially the panic disorder and depression is no joke. It's seriously some of the hardest stuff I've been through in my entire life. Some days it was a battle to just get out of bed. Thanks to all my friends and family who showed a tremendous amount of support.

Stuff is getting better and better by the day. I've been reading books like it's going out of style that have been helping. In fact, I truly recommend "Self-Coaching" by Joseph Luciani. Great book. I just bought a copy after finishing the one the library let me borrow. All...yes ALL of my relationships have improved. Family, friends, even strangers.

Enter the BRN (Big Red Nose). One of the books I recently absorbed in a matter of days(I'm patting myself on the back, because honestly, I used to hate reading), was Patch Adam's "Gesundheit". One of his recommendations was to simply clown around. It was a bit out of my element, but I took his advice, and ordered a simple clown nose. The reactions it got were the most heart warming thing I'd had in months. One girl laughed so hard, I got a free dinner out of it at Boston Market. Other people did everything from crack a smile to bend over laughing. Making other people happy was a key to overcoming the anxiety, and the depression.

It was so much fun, even hoser got in on the action (ok...in all seriousness, it took like 20 tries to get this pic!)



Hangin with the fam has been great too. Last Friday was a beautiful day in the park with my sis and niece. Cute as cute can be!



That kid has a limitless supply of energy, and she can wear out 10 adults before she will. Not sure how Karen keeps up! Props to being a great mom! I consider myself to be in 'relatively' good shape, and I was worn out in 30 minutes between playing "BOING!" and "Airplane" and "Tree Climber"!! Great times though!

Don't worry,



to come!!!! I plan to keep up to date with the blog on a more consistent basis.

1 comment: