Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm just gonna lay it out there...something bad is gonna happen

I just know it. Life right now is the best its been in years. No money problems. Marriage has never been better, and the wifey can't wait to get home from school this Thursday. Business is booming, but mostly stress free, and me and pops are chillin like a father & son should while enjoyin the ride. Garden is taking over the hot bed. Hoser hasn't eaten any poison mushrooms. I'm getting into better shape by joining zx fitness in Statesville. Me and da boss are gonna be playin golf in sunny 73 degree weather while enjoying some frosty adult beverages and 300+ yard drives. One republic is blarin in the background. The house is warm and the couch is comfy. My evenings are spent cooking whatever I like (tonight it was kabobs!) and enjoying a glass of Cabernet Sauvingon. Yesterday, it was killin the nazis in "company of heros" while enjoying a scotch and water. The weekends consist of great times with great friends, and meeting and greeting new friendly folks at the local watering hole. In between, I get to help my mom (and gardening coach) set up her own gardening plot for the coming crops while seeing my little niece think she's faster than my dog hoser (she's 1.5 years old by the way). My week trip to Hawaii is booked, and I'm so ready to go! I'm an elk. Already on the house committee, and get to help out with some upcoming veterans appreciate events. In the meantime, I get to shoot pool while watching the NCAA tourney in HD, and hang with the pops-in-law while sharing a few thoughts and a glass of Dewar's & water for me, and a Grouse & water for the old man-in-law.

So my question is, when is it all gonna come apart?! I feel like the big guy upstairs was conversing with the fates, and sayin, "He's got some stuff comin down the pipe he ain't gonna like, so let's cut him some slack!" Ok, so yesterday, during the thunderstorm, one of the windows in the casa de lever did leak a bit, but that will be easy enough to fix. I can actually afford to have someone come in and fix it FOR me! For the first time in my life, I actually have some spending money.

So what's gonna happen big guy?! Am I gonna get appendicitis? Is the wifey's car engine gonna blow up? Is Hoser gonna go on another psychedelic mushroom trip? HUH! What is it!!

I guess the moral of this story is, if you are constantly searching for something to go wrong - you'll never be disappointed - because something always does go wrong eventually. I suppose that's life. That's not a reason to fixate on what's wrong, and let everything that's right pass you by! Thank God that life has been so good to me lately. I hope it's been good for all of you as well :) Here's to hoping the good day's never end...

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see all is sunny my man! Remember you just gotta take it all stride-by-stride...life was like that for us about 1.5 years ago then hit all hit the fan. It was a tough long battle with Shane, my Mom's sickness, etc..but it makes us all stronger and a heck of a lot more appreciative for each and every day. Enjoy it all my friend and get ready for a nice relaxing round on the links with a few Code Blues! Cheers....to the good times!

    ReplyDelete